borrow (plural borrows)
- (archaic) A ransom; a pledge or guarantee.
- (archaic) A surety; someone standing bail.
- 1819: â€where am I to find such a sum? If I sell the very pyx and candlesticks on the altar at Jorvaulx, I shall scarce raise the half; and it will be necessary for that purpose that I go to Jorvaulx myself; ye may retain as borrows my two priests.â€ â€” Walter Scott, Ivanhoe
- (receive temporarily): give back (exchanging the transfer of ownership), [[lend]] (exchanging the owners), [[return]] (exchanging the transfer of ownership)
- (in arithmetic): [[carry]] (the equivalent reverse procedure in the inverse operation of addition)
6 letters in word "borrow": B O O R R W.
No anagrams for borrow found in this word list.
Words found within borrow: